Simple or Complex Planning

The Probate process in Tennessee is quite simple.  COVID has made it even simpler with electronic filing and no appearance dockets.  "Death Taxes" and that sort of thing are really not much of an issue either for the average person.

For most individuals, or couples, I encounter, complex planning is really unnecessary.  For those with vast, multi million dollar estates, more complex planning makes sense.  But for the average individual, it jut doesn't.

A Will, a Durable Power of Attorney for Healthcare, a Living Will, a Durable Power of Attorney for Financial matters often do the trick.  If you have minor children, I also recommend a Durable Power of Attorney for Childcare.  These documents will cover the vast majority of what the average individual needs. 

What are your thoughts?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My advisor helped me leave my estate to my cat.

Shh! Don't talk about Fight Club!

Do's and Don'ts of Estate Planning