What is Estate Planning?

Ready to plan for the future?

Estate Planning has different means depending on who you ask. A common misconception is that Estate Planning is only for the wealthy. That is simply not the case.  For me, Estate Planning is having a discussion about what a person wants their legacy to be.

  • Do they want to have a #peaceful #transition from their “working era” to their “#retirement era” and then onto passing away?

  • Do they have specific ideas as to what they want their medical care to be, when they can’t make the decision on their own?

  • Is there someone they trust to handle their #financial affairs while they are living?

  • Is there someone they trust to handle their #estate once they pass away?

  • Are there people they want to #bless once they are gone?

  • Are there people they want to shun once they are gone?

  • Who would they trust to raise their minor or disabled #children?

  • Should you have Life Insurance, Long Term Care Insurance or start thinking about a #Medicare Supplement plan?

These questions affect all of us. The dilemma is whether or not we are going to make a plan for our estate? Or are we going to leave it to chance and hope for the best?

Also, for me, Estate Planning is about where my client is #spiritually. I am always open to this discussion, but clients don’t always want to have it. I respect that.

Have you had the discussion? Have you put the documents in place? Did you have the discussion about your estate long ago and need to have the documents updated? Estate Planning is for all of us, not just the wealthy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My advisor helped me leave my estate to my cat.

Shh! Don't talk about Fight Club!

Do's and Don'ts of Estate Planning